Coconut Lemongrass Fudge
Inspired by the tropical fragrant flavours of Thailand. Coconut butter made from raw coconut flesh ground to butter gives a smooth and creamy texture.
This fudge is full of healthy fats and is sweet and satisfying. I eat a couple of pieces and I'm content. Lemongrass is know for its lemony scent and cleansing qualities.
Makes 24 pieces
1. Coconut butter and oil are easier to blend when they are liquid. In cold climates they solidify. Melt the required amount over very low heat in a saucepan or put the jars with lids screwed on tight in a sink/bowl of warm water (it needs to be liquid not hot).
2. Line a 8" x 8"/20cm x 20cm brownie tray with parchment paper
3. You will only need a small piece of lemongrass. Use the rest of the stalk in Thai cooking.
4. Cut approximately 3 cm of the stalk peel the outer green layers away. Finely dice the white stalk into small pieces. Press down with a spoon or mortar and pestle on the chopped pieces to break them down to a paste like consistency.
5. Add coconut butter, coconut oil, honey, salt and lemongrass to a blender. Blend until combined.
6. Pour the mixture into the tray and allow at least an hour to set in the fridge.
7. Cut into pieces and store in the fridge.