Makes 12 Prep 10 minutes
• 90g / 3.2oz oats or pecans
• 100g / 3.5oz dates
• 40g / 1.4oz dried apricot
• 1 Tbsp honey
• 90g / 3.2oz grated carrot (about 1 medium)
• 25g / 0.9oz desiccated coconut
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1/4 tsp cinnamon
• 1/4 tsp nutmeg
• extra coconut for rolling (optional)
Add the oats or pecans to a food processor and
process to a fine flour.
Add the dates, apricot, honey and carrots and blend
until a thick batter forms. It may be necessary to stop
and scrape down the sides of the food processor and
continue until combined. Add the coconut and blend.
Scatter some extra coconut on a plate.
Take out a spoonful at a time a roll into balls with hands.
Finish by rolling through a sprinkling of coconut to coat.
Place in the freezer to set for 2 hours or more. Store in an
airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months.